WAVA’s mission is sustained through the following activities:
- Strengthening the communication, collaboration, and accountability among agencies through regular networking meetings and resource-sharing
- Improving the continuum of care in the Westside community through meetings where the member agencies may analyze complex cases involving interagency coordination
- Supporting agencies in their prevention and intervention efforts through the provision of training, peer coordination, and technical assistance
- Working with agencies to develop best practice models to attain the highest possible standards in serving victims of violence and abuse
- Developing projects to address emerging issues that impact victims of social injustice and violence
- Providing direct advocacy through electronic, written, or face-to-face response on behalf of Westside agencies and community members who seek our support and intervention.